Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June 17th, 2009

Been a while since I actually sat down and wrote here. Couple of weeks, which is strange for me. I know, I know. And it isn't as though (except for the last couple of days) I've been hiding in a corner, all covered in depression, too upset to write anything. I've actually been really busy, and simply haven't stopped to update anyone on what's been going on in my world.

I didn't get the job that I wanted, I guess I'll start there. And I've been kind of upset about it. And I had to go in for some testing recently, and I'm still waiting on the results of the biopsies, but the things that are pending, none of them look good. The initial bit that they took off, those were cancer, and I already know that. I'm having a lot of trouble coping, and keeping up my day-to-day ability to deal.

And Monkey was in town, for the last week and a half, and that was wonderful. Seeing her, and spending the time with her, it was great. And then I had to take her home, and it hurt, letting her go hurt. That was two days ago, and I've done pretty much nothing since I got back home but sit curled up on the corner of the couch, and watch silly television shows, and tried to block everything out. Not the most mature response in the world, but it was the best I could do.

Which brings us to today, where I'm finally somewhat managing to function like a regular person, and trying to get myself back together. I have a new application to fill out, for a scholarship for school, that landed in my inbox, I want to say yesterday. I had to call Danny to have it printed out, because apparently my printer has completely died, and refuses to resurrect, no matter what I do to it. If anyone has any spares lying around, please send one my way. All it needs to do is print black & white, I don't do anything fancy these days with it. I'll buy one eventually, but at the moment, I'm still working on that whole "paying my rent" thing, so running out to purchase a printer isn't exactly at the top of the to-do list.

I helped a friend go and get a car last week, and he's very pleased, which makes me happy. And I'm looking forward to seeing all the costumes at the Mad Scientist party that another friend is hosting this weekend. I'll be taking pictures for that one, because that's fun for me. And while I could write quite a bit more, right now, I think what I'm going to do now, is go and clean up a bit around the house, and sit and be cuddled, because that is what will make me feel the best, and I've finally grasped that it's better to just accept that, than try to be stubborn and prideful about it.

Have a good one, internets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thought perhaps you had run off and joined the circus. at least you're still alive.

Controversy said...

I am indeed alive. And nope, no joining of the circus...although, I admit that periodically, that might be fun. But those pesky clowns would ruin it for me :P